Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Someday

Here's a song I wrote randomly.

I wanted to create a tune that could work within the framework of a musical. It could be inserted in a scene where the main character is gazing into a possible bright future. Perhaps there could be two characters interacting and the melody could be sung as a duett. Overall the scene should be filled with hope and positivity.





The instrumental part is intentionally kept rather simple, since it shouldn't clash with the vocals. The lead melody kind of sounds dull in the current version, but I'm pretty sure the song will shine more if there were actual lyrics and singing voices.

Here in Japan I don't have easy access to native English singers who would fit into the context of this song, but hopefully I can eventually find a nice lyricist and singer who could fill in the part. Recording this would be fun for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment